International partnerships - LIA LUMAQ
LUMAQ / LUmière Matière FrAnce Québec
LUMAQ is an International Associate laboratory (LIA) which gathers Institutions such as CNRS, University of Bordeaux, Laval University and INRS merging three laboratories in France on Bordeaux site : ICMCB, CELIA and ISM ; a laboratory in Laval University : COPL and a center of INRS : CEMT in Canada.
The members are involving in research activities related to various aspects of Photonics and Lasers: photonic materials, fibers, integrated photonics, laser-materials interaction, nonlinear optics and ultrashort lasers. The control of light propagation and the understanding of the laser-material interaction offer extraordinary possibilities in terms of fundamental science with impacts in various domains such as advanced manufacturing, communication and information technology, energy, health or security.
The LIA LUMAQ aims to develop new concepts and technologies of laser-material interaction for advanced material manufacturing and new laser technology for photonics. The scientific program of LUMAQ is centered on materials, photonics and lasers through 5 research axis:
- Axis 1 – Nano- and micro-photonic structures
- Axis 2 – Hybrid and composite Materials and surfaces
- Axis 3 – Integrated optics, multimaterial fibers
- Axis 4 – Materials and sources for NearIR and MidIR
- Axis 5 – Intense lasers and secondary sources
A particular effort is devoted to the Education program and mobility in order to foster researcher and student exchanges promoting knowledge exchange across the Atlantic.
The ambition of the LIA LUMAQ is to create and disseminate innovations in the domains of photonics and lasers which penetrates even more every day large economic sectors of our societies.
* An Associate International Laboratory (LIA) is a « wall-less » laboratory. It merges French laboratories associated to the CNRS and foreign institutions willing to gather human and material resources to realize a joint research program.
Implicated centers and laboratories