In the heart of the Bordeaux university site, many teams are working on key 21st century technologies which are lasers, photonics materials and innovative imaging.
LAPHIA supports these teams and funds, through annual calls for projects, research and innovation efforts.
- Developing new laser technologies and high energy physics
- Imagining and designing the photonic materials of tomorrow
- Work on imaging, a growing field, which covers both advanced microscopy and the use of new radiation.
Our Calls for Research Projects
Every year, the LAPHIA organises a call for research projects (AAP Research) in order to finance and support innovative research projects.
Types of projects financed
- As pillars of the LAPHIA programme, they coordinate the teams of several laboratories on transdisciplinary themes.
- They aim is to encourage the emergence of scientific breakthroughs. The selected projects are risky, but have the potential for a significant return on investment.
- It is intended to support international research projects. They increase the impact of local research, while promoting knowledge transfer.
LAPHIA research projects