Native from Montréal, Québec, I did a standard schooling, from primary school to a master in AMO physics. After my master, animated by a passion for science and the desire to discover new horizons, I wanted to move from my native homeland for my Ph.D. thesis. After few visits of different physics lab on the old continent, I’ve chosen to move to Bordeaux, France. Having felt some great chemistry, on a human point of view as well as on a scientific point of view, when I’ve met people from the attosecond physics group of Bordeaux, I thought it would be a perfect context for a joint Ph.D. thesis with my university in Québec (INRS). Since I joined the Harmonics group of CELIA lab, the intellectual stimulation is at its highest peak. Being help on a day to day basis by a team of leading expert in the field, I also have a huge liberty to test my idea in the lab, which is a great pleasure for a young student-researcher. I also have to say that Bordeaux is an amazing city: its underground music scene, the outdoor market of Place St-Michel, the associative life as well as the great pleasure of biking in the city, all year long (which is impossible with the cold weather and the snow in Canada…).
PhD Student between INRS (Ca) and CELIA - Université de Bordeaux (Fr)
- Innovation Review N°84 - April, 2015 CLUSTER OF EXCELLENCE LAPHIA LASER & PHOTONICS IN AQUITAINE (VA)
- 08/06 : 13h15 - 14h15SEMINAR LAPHIA_FABIEN SORIN_June 8, 2016
As part of the Cluster LAPHIA seminars (IdEx Bordeaux), Pr Fabien Sorin (EPFL - Lausanne) will present his research on "Novel fabrication approaches of nanostructured photonic systems within one-dimensional fibers and two-dimensional large- area flexible substrates".[ read more ]
- Nouvel Observateur : édition régionale - Mars, 2014 LAPHIA renforce la recherche dans le domaine des lasers et de la photonique
- DephyInterne N°2 - Septembre 2014 CLUSTER LAPHIA - Présentation
- Innovation Review N°85 - Mai, 2015 CLUSTER D’EXCELLENCE LAPHIA - Programme Innovation (VF)